K.E.D.S.- KIDNEY EARLY DETECTION SCREENING
KEDS is a screening consisting of valuable tests for the early detection of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) risk factors. NKFH offers this free service several times throughout the year.
Check our events calendar for locations and dates!
To qualify for this screening:
- Adult (18 years or older)
- Screening form regarding risk factors
- Blood pressure, weight, height, waist circumference measurment and BMI
- Blood glucose test
- Brief consultation with a qualified medical professional\
*Note: KEDS tests may vary from screening to screening. Please contact the Early Intervention Programs Coordinator at (808) 589-5903 for details about specific events.
- The screening usually takes 25-60 mins. depending on the volume of participation.
- 8 hrs. fasting is recommended but not required.
- Pre-register to guarantee your space. Walk-ins okay on a first come, first serve basis.
- Results are available immediately
- Please note that this is a screening and NO diagnoses are made. We encourage all individuals to see their physicians about any concerns regarding their results.
*Note: Space is limited to 125 people (but may vary from site to site)
Please see our calendar listings for locations and dates or contact the Early Intervention Coordinator at (808) 589-5903 for more information.