The mission of the National Kidney Foundation is to prevent kidney and urinary tract diseases, improve the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by these diseases and increase the availability of all organs for transplantation.Volunteering with the National Kidney Foundation of Hawaii gives you a chance to be a part of that effort. There are an estimated 162,000 Hawaii residents currently living with Chronic Kidney Disease and another 100,000 at risk for developing it. More than 3000 Hawaii residents need life-sustaining dialysis treatments just to stay alive.
What Can I Do?...
The National Kidney Foundation of Hawaii needs people like you!
The NKF needs people of all ages and interests! Volunteer opportunities include:
- Special Events
- Kidney Screenings
- Advocacy Programs
- Office Volunteers
- And more
How much Time you Give is up to You...
Whether you want to volunteer on a regular basis or just occasionally, there are a number of volunteer opportunities available to you. Any time you can give will be greatly appreciated and you'll feel great by helping to improve the lives of all individuals affected by kidney disease.
Volunteers Speak Out...
- "Volunteering is a way of giving back to an organization who has given so much to me"
- "When you focus on the needs of others, your problems become smaller"
- "I'm grateful to society for being alive and its time for payback"
- "As a mother of a child with kidney disease, the situation is out of my hands and I've left things up to God. This is what I can do to help and learn"
- "I get a thrill out of helping others get over their obstacles"
If you are interested in helping, please call 589-5961 or click here for volunteer opportunities.