Early detection may delay or prevent the onset of kidney disease altogether. Click on the links below for more information on NKFH's screenings and outreach programs.
- General Screenings
- Kidney Urine Screening + Analysis (K-USA)
- Kidney Early Detection Screening (KEDS)
- KEEP Healthy
Why are these screenings being offered?
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and diabetes are the leading causes of kidney disease (>20 million Americans).
- One out of three adult Americans are at risk for chronic kidney disease, here in Hawaii, one our of two are at risk
- Many people don't know they have kidney disease. There are sometimes no symptoms until late stages.
- African American, Japanese, Filipino, Chinese, Hispanic, Native American, Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islanders are at an increased risk for developing kidney disease.